- Our Principles
- Personal Information EV Collects
- What EV does with the Personal Information
- Disclosures of Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
- Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
- Reorganization or Spin-Offs
- Third-Party Sites
- Special Note to International Users
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites or services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Euro Verve to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information EV Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists or register to establish a user account on any of our Websites;
- when you purchase merchandise;
- when you join the Euro Verve network, and when you thereafter create/edit your profile page, identify your content, share your story; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to that community.
What EV does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to Euro Verve.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, events list or one of our email discussion lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored by us. Personal information submitted as part of our email discussion lists is used for the purpose of managing the discussion lists. Your name and email address will typically be visible to other list participants when you correspond on the list and to the general public in the discussion archives. All emails sent to the discussions list are publicly archived.
Euro Verve Website. When you join our network you provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. We use that personal information to establish and maintain your accounts, provide you with the features we provide for account holders, and for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events relevant to Euro Verve.
By joining the Euro Verve network, you are also given a public profile page where you can voluntarily post personal information for public viewing. The information that you submit on your public profile page, including but not limited to any photograph or image of yourself you upload, is posted by you at your discretion. The information you publish on your public profile page, including your personal information, may be used by anyone who views that information for any lawful purpose, with the exception of any photograph or image of yourself that you upload.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Euro Verve’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, Euro Verve may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites or service.
If Euro Verve is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Euro Verve will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or EV is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
Euro Verve has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Euro Verve stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Websites and server logs, including when you log into a website using your Euro Verve ID.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using. In addition, whenever you use your Euro Verve ID to log into a website, our servers (which, again, may be hosted by a third party service provider) keep a log of the websites you visit and when you visit them.
No Linking. We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Websites are being used, to improve our Websites and the features we provide, and for systems administration purposes. EV may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Websites for those same purposes.
No Retention. EV discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
Notice. If Euro Verve is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information, then EV will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless EV is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Websites from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.